- Herbs are the leaves - or the seeds and flowers - of aromatic plants.
- Fresh herbs are preferable because once dried they may lose aroma.
- If dried herbs are used they should be freshly dried, and should not be used in cold dishes until they have been soaked or cooked.
- In general, use about half as much of a dried herb as a fresh one.
- Herbs should be stored airtight containers, and these must be kept in a cool place.
Collection of Indian and International healthy recipes & Indian culture