Maida – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Lemons - 5
Milk – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 cup
Lemon colour - a pinch
Lemon essence - few drops
Cashew nuts – 10
Kishmish – ½ tsp
- · Fry Maida with little ghee till aroma comes. Cool it then add milk and mix well.
- · Chop the lemons into very small pieces, remove the seeds and fry the pieces in 2 tsp of ghee.
- · Fry them well. Remove and grind them to make paste.
- · Take thick bottom vessel, add sugar and water and bring it to boil till one string consistency. Now slowly add maida without lumps. Cook for few minutes. Then add lemon paste and mix well.
- · Add little ghee and stir well again add ghee and stir.
- · Fry chopped cashew nuts and kishmish in ghee , add them.
- · Add lemon colour and essence and mix well.
- · Cook till ghee leaves the sides.
- · Grease the plate with ghee and pour the burfi into it.
- · Cut them into square pieces.