Milk – 1 litre
Rice flour – 250 gms
Sago – 50 gms
Jaggery – 400- 500 gms (as per taste)
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
- Boil 250 ml of water, add 1 tsp of jaggery and 1 tsp of ghee, cook till jaggery melts then add slowly rice flour. Switch off the fire and close with the lid for 5 minutes. Then mix well without lumps. Make it as chapathi dough. Keep aside.
- Soak sago for 15 minutes.
- Grate the jaggery and add little water and cook till it melts.
- Fry cashew nuts in ghee and keep it aside.
- Heat 900 ml of milk and 500 ml of water in thick bottom vessel.
- Add sago when milk starts boiling, cook sago till it becomes crystal clear.
- Now take Janthikalu pressing machine, put some dough inside and press it in the milk. Stir carefully and close the lid for 1 minute. Then again take the dough and press it, again stir carefully and close the lid for 1 minute. Do the same process till the dough complete.
- Add water to the leftover dough in the machine, pour this to the milk.
- Cook in low flame for 10 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Now add cardamom powder, jaggery syrup and cook another 2 minutes.
- Lastly add cashew nuts and remaining ghee.
- Serve hot or chilled.