Meal Maker – 1 cup
Onions - 2
Tomatoes – 2
Green chillies – 2
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Gingely seeds – 1 ½ tbsp
Coconut – small piece (fresh)
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Red chilli Powder – 1 ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Soak meal maker in hot water for 5 minutes then transfer to cold water. Keep there for 5 minutes. Drain the water completely by pressing meal maker with hands.
- Dry roast gingely seeds and grind them along with coconut to make fine paste.
- Finely chop onions, green chilies and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in kadai, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, fry them.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies, saute them till onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric and red chilli powder, cook till tomatoes are soft.
- Now add meal maker and ground paste and ½ cup of water. Close the lid and cook till water absorbs and the gravy becomes little thick.
- Lastly add garam masala and coriander leaves and cook another 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice or roti.