Fish - 1 Kg (Cleaned and cut into pieces)
Onions - 2-3
Green Chillies - 2-3
Turmeric- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder - 2-3 tbsp
Tamarind - lemon size
Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tbsp
Coriander - cumin Powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - small piece
Cardamom - 2
Oil - 3 tbsp
- Wash and marinate fish pieces with salt and turmeric.
- Soak tamarind in warm water and extract juice from it.
- Finely chop onions and slit green chillies lengthwise.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin and fenugreek seeds,curry leaves. Fry them for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and fry onions till they are transparent.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander cumin powder, salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Add fish pieces and gently stir once after 5 minutes.
- Add tamarind juice, cover with plate. Cook in low flame till the gravy becomes little thick and fish is well cooked.
- Lastly garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.