Besan - 2 cups
Rice flour- 1 cup
Ajwain - 1 tsp (powder)
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 1- 2 tsp
Oil for frying
- Sieve besan and rice flour.
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, salt, ajwain, red chilli powder and sufficient water to make dough.
- The dough should not be to hard,
- Heat oil in kadai in high flame until oil becomes very hot then put in medium flame.
- Wet your hands and take sufficient dough to fill in karappusa pressing machine and press it in hot oil.
- Fry both sides by turning it gently till golden colour.
- Remove and strain the oil completely.
- Do the same with remaining dough.
- Cool and store in airtight container.