Bottle Gourd – 250 gms
Onions – 2
Besan – 100 gms
Green chillies – 4
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Peanuts – 1 tbsp
Gingely seeds – 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
Tamarind juice – 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Cream – 1 tbsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
- Peel and grate bottle gourd, squeeze the water from grated gourd.
- Grind chillies to make paste.
- Now mix besan, grated gourd, ginger garlic paste, chilli paste, salt. Add little water and make small size balls.
- Heat the oil, deep fry the balls till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Roast peanuts, chopped onions, gingely seeds, coriander seeds. Cool and grind along with salt, red chilli powder and garam masala to make fine paste.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of oil in kadai, add ground masala and fry for 2 minutes then add tamarind juice and 1 cup of water. Cook till it becomes little thick.
- Lastly add kofta pieces, cream, butter and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.