Chicken stock – 5 cups
Eggs – 2
Plain flour – 1 tbsp
Milk – 4 tbsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the stock.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs with the flour, milk and salt.
- Grease the bottom of a large heavy frying pan with oil and when hot pour in the batter.
- Cook over brisk heat until set and golden, about one minute. (The result should be a very thin omelet).
- Turn out on to absorbent paper, roll up like a Swiss roll and cut across into thin strips about 1/8’ wide.
- Throw these curls into the boiling stock with 2 tbsp of grated parmesan.
- Serve immediately and hand more cheese separately.