Crunchy, unusually flavoured and cooked with no spices, these potatoes are a good dinner accompaniment as well as a cocktail snack.
Large Potatoes - 6 (peeled and cubed into medium sized pieces)
Fresh or dried dill- 3 tbsp
Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsp (chopped)
Green chillies - 2 (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of one lime
Oil - 2 cups
- Heat the oil in deep frying pan; when it is almost at smoking point, fry the potatoes; constantly tossing the potatoes from the bottom of the pan to the top.
- After few minutes, add green chillies, salt and pepper.Fry.
- Add coriander and dill. Toss to coat each piece well.Continue frying till the potatoes are done.
- Check that potatoes are done and if so, drain from the oil.
- Just before serving, stir in the lime juice. If serving as snack, spear with toothpicks.