Fish -2 kg (approx)
White or green celery – 250 Gms
Salt and pepper
Bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, bay leaves, 2-3 sage leaves)
Fish stock or water
Butter – 100 gms
Rusk crumbs (powdered)
- Clean the fish, and cut it into pieces 2-3” long.
- Wash the celery, ad scrape and trim it if necessary.
- Chop it very finely or mince it.
- Butter a saucepan or stew pan, and put in the celery and the fish sections.
- Season with salt and pepper and the bouquet garni.
- Cover with the fish stock or water, and add the butter cut in small pieces.
- Cover the pan, and boil the soup briskly so that the liquor is reduced when the fish is cooked.
- Before serving, remove the bouquet garni and add the Rusk crumbs to thicken the soup.