Flour – 175 gms
Butter – 100 gms
Castor sugar – 150 gms
Egg yolks – 2
For the custard:
Milk – 350 ml
Sugar- 2 tbsp
Flour – 2 tbsp
Eggs – 2
Egg yolk – 1
Vanilla essence- 4 drops
- Sieve the flour and work in the butter with the fingers.
- Add the sugar and egg yolks and mix all the ingredients well.
- Handle the dough very carefully as it breaks easily.
- Roll out thinly, and use half to line deep tartlet tins.
- Make up custard ad fill the cases.
- Cover with lids of dough and press edges together lightly.
- Bake in fairly hot oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in tins for 5 minutes, remove carefully, and coo before serving.
- To make the custard, heat the milk.
- Beat together the sugar, flour, eggs and egg yolk.
- Add a little hot milk and mix well, then add remaining milk.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Cool, stirring often to prevent a skin forming, and flavour with vanilla essence before using.