Plain flour – 2 cups
Semolina – 1 cup
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Butter – 3 tbsp
Oil for frying
- Mix flour, semolina and turmeric. Rub in 2 tbsp of butter.
- Form into a soft dough with cold water, kneading the dough well.
- Combine remaining 1 tbsp of butter with rice flour, beat until creamy.
- Roll out the soft dough into a large circle and spread the rice flour mixture evenly on it. Roll it up and roll out again.
- Cut into 6 cm rounds with a biscuit cutter and fry in the heated oil until puffed.
- Serve immediately.