Eggs – 10-15
Water – 900 ml
Salt – 4 tbsp
Caraway seeds – 1 tbsp
Onion -1 (thinly sliced into rings)
- Boil the water, salt, caraway and onion for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool and then strain.
- Hard boil the eggs for 10 minutes, cool under running water and prick several holes in the shells at both top and bottom.
- Put the eggs in a jar, cover completely with the liquid and allow to stand for three days, after which they are ready to use.
- These eggs can be eaten just with mustard or with a piquant sauce of mustard, pepper, vinegar, sugar and oil.
- Serve black bread and butter with them.