Butter – 115 gms
Light soft brown sugar -200 gms
Pineapple rings -400 gm can
Self raising flour – 175 gms
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Sunflower oil – 75 ml
Eggs – 3
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Yellow food coloring
- In baking dish, place brown sugar and butter.
- Cook on high for 3-5 minutes, until butter melts; stirring twice.
- In sugar mixture, arrange pineapple. Place one cherry in each ring and extra cherries between.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat oil and eggs; stir in vanilla and 1-2 drops coloring. Add oil mixture to flour mixture; beat for 30 seconds.
- Over fruit arrangement in baking dish, carefully pour batter; smooth surface.
- Elevate baking dish on trivet or rack.
- Cook cake on high for 10-12 minutes, until centre springs back when lightly touched with finger, rotating dish halfway through cooking.
- Allow cake to stand in dish on heatproof surface for 10 minutes.