Plain flour – 150 gms
Butter – 125 gms (chopped)
Icing sugar – 2 tbsp
Gelatin powder – 2 tsp
Lemon juice – 80 ml
Sweetened condensed milk -1 can
Custard powder – 40 gms
Castor sugar – 220 gms
Milk -2 tbsp
Water – 375 ml
Butter – 20 gms (extra)
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp (extra)
Passion fruit pulp – 80 ml
- Grease 20*30 lamington pan, line base and 2 long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2 cm above edge of pan.
- Process flour, butter and icing sugar until well combined. Press over base of prepared pan; bake in moderate oven about 20 minutes. Cool in pan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over juice in cup; stir over hot water until gelatin is dissolved.
- Beat gelatin mixture and condensed milk in small bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Pour over base.
- Blend custard powder and castor sugar with milk and water in small pan; cook, stirring, over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat, stir in extra butter; cover, stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in Extra juice and passion fruit pulp.
- Pour over gelatin layer in pan, refrigerate until set before cutting.