Milk - 2 1/2 cups
Vermicelli - 100 gms
Dried dates - 2-3 (shredded and soaked in water)
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Raisins - 1 tsp
Saffron stands - few
Rose essence - few drops
Almonds and Pistachios - 2 tsp (sliced)
- Broil the vermicelli on a dry griddle to a pale gold. Set aside and cool.
- Bring the milk to boil then add vermicelli. Cook slowly until soft and tender.
- Add the shredded dates, sugar and raisins and cook till sugar dissolved.
- Soak the saffron in a little milk; add to the milk.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes stirring all the time.
- Switch off the flame then add the rose essence.
- The mixture should be thick and creamy.
- Garnish with nuts before serving.