Beetroot - 2 no.'s (medium)
Potato - 1 no.
Tomatoes - 250gms
Butter - 1 tbsp
Carrot - 1 no.
Onion - 1 no.
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Cut all the vegetables except tomatoes into medium size.
- Boil the tomatoes until soft and remove the skin and make it puree.
- Heat butter in pressure cooker add all vegetables and fry for 3 minutes. Add 11/2 Lt water to them. Close the lid and cook upto three vigils. Strain the liquid(vegetable stock) into another kadai and start boiling it.
- Add tomato puree, salt, pepper powder, Cinnamon powder and mashed potato(take it from the boiled vegetable).
- Boil the rasam for another 5 minutes.
- It goes well with hot rice or can take directly.
- It is good for health and children loves it.