Soy sauce-4 tbsp
Udon noodles-250 g
Soy sauce,extra-1\2 cups
Mirin, extra-1\2 cup
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized pieces
- Place the tofu in a saucepan with 1\2 cup dashi, 4 tbsp soy sauce,2 tbsp mirin and sugar.
- Bring to the boil,then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tofu has absorbed the most of the liqiud
- Cook the noodles in plenty of boiling salted water until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes or as directed on packet.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Place the six cups of dashi , 1\2 cop of soy sauce, mirin and salt into a saucepan.
- Finely chop shalots and add to the dashi.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Divide the noodles among warmed soup bowls.
- Arrange the tofu on top of the noodles.
- Carefully pour soup over the noodles, so as not to disturb the arrangement.
- Serve immediately.