Pumpkin - 500 gms
Onion - 200 gms
Chicken stock - 1 litre
Single cream - 100 gms
Butter - 50 gms
Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the onion and lightly fry in olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the peeled and chopped pumpkin and continue frying.
- Now add enough chicken stock to cover the ingredients, and leave to cook for between 10-15 minutes.
- Remove thesaucepan from the heat, add the butter and single cream and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, then press through a sieve.
- Serve hot,drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.