Panasa Thonalu - 750 gms
Potatoes - 300 gms
Asafoetida - a pinch
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 5-6
Dry ginger powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger - small piece
Amchur - 2 tsp
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - small piece
Oil - 250 gms
Ghee - 100 gms
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Remove seeds from thonalu and cut them into two pieces.
- Peel and cut potatoes into medium pieces.
- Take cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, ginger and dry ginger and grind them to make powder.
- Heat oil in kadai, deep fry potatoes and jack fruit pieces separately.
- Heat ghee in kadai, add asafoetida, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and ground powder.
- Add fried potatoes, jack fruit pieces. Mix well and fry them.
- Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder, green chillies and amchur. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and close the lid. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes till pieces are tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.