Goose Berry - 1 kg, fresh
Salt - 225 - 250 gms
Red chilli powder - 225 - 250 gms
Turmeric - 2 tsp
Mustard powder - 50 gms
Fenugreek powder - 1 tbsp
Garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Lemons - 15-18
Oil - 250 gms
Red chillies - 5-6 (broken)
Garlic - 1 tbsp (crushed)
Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
- Wash and pat dry the goose berries. Make cuts along with the marks of berries.
- Heat oil in kadai, fry few berries until lightly colour changes and keep aside. Do the same with remaining berries.
- In a mixing bowl, put goose berries, salt, turmeric and mix well. Cover and keep aside for 2 days.
- On the 3rd day, add lemon juice, mustard powder, fenugreek powder, garlic paste and chilli powder.
- Mix well and taste it. If any thing like salt or lemon juice required, add it.
- Heat the same oil and add all talimpu ingredients and fry till mustard crackles.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Pour this over pickle and mix well.
- Transfer to dry jar and store it up to one year.