Rava – 500 gms
Tamarind – small lemon size
Salt to taste
Red chillies – 4
Green chillies -4
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry leaves – few
Oil – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Fry rava in little oil till aroma comes, keep aside.
- Soak tamarind in water then extract juice. Add more water so that the tamarind juice be 750 ml.h
- Heat oil in kadai, add broken red chillies, chopped green chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Fry till mustard crackles then add tamarind water.
- Bring to boil, add salt and asafoetida. Boil it vigorously, add the fried rava little by little, stir continuously.
- Cook till the pongal does not stick to the bottom and get scalded.
- Cool and serve.