Egg plant 1 (medium)
Sesame oil - 1/2 cup
For Walnut Sauce:
Walnuts - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste
Garlic clove - 1
Pinch of salt
Vegetable stock - 1 cup
White vinegar - 1/4 cup
Small onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Slice the eggplant with 1/2" thickness. Sprinkle salt and leave aside for about 30 minutes. Dry well on paper.
- Heat oil in a pan, add eggplant slices and fry until golden on both sides. Remove drain and cool.
To make sauce:
- Blend walnuts with garlic and salt in blender. Add vegetable stock and vinegar. Mix well.
- Add onion, coriander leaves and cayenne pepper to taste and mix well.
- Add extra salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve egg plant cold with sauce poured over it.
- Delicious as appetizer or vegetable dish.