Crystallised ginger – 4-5 pieces
Onions – 2 (chopped)
Butter – 60 gms
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp (crushed)
Curry powder – 1 tbsp
Plain flour – 1 tbsp
Chicken stock – 500 ml
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Coconut – 3 cups (grated)
Mixed fruits – 4-5 cups
(melons, peaches, plums, grapes, bananas, apples, pears)
Cream – 2-3 tbsp
- Cover ginger with hot water for a few minutes to remove sugar. Drain, pat dry and chop.
- Saute onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in ginger, coriander seeds, curry powder and flour and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Gradually add stock, stirring rapidly.
- Bring to boil, add lemon juice and season to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in coconut, fruits and cream.