Raspberries – 200 gms
Castor sugar – 85 gms
Egg yolks -3
Milk – 150 ml
Double cream – 100 ml
Finely grated zest of one lemon
- Place a suitable plastic container in the freezer. Blend half the raspberries until smooth and mix in 10 gms of sugar. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks and remaining sugar in a bowl until creamy and pale, and the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the milk and cream in a pan and gently heat through.
- Remove from the heat and stir into the egg mixture. Return to the pan and cook over a low heat, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the raspberry puree, lemon just and remaining whole raspberries.
- Remove container from the freezer and pour in the mixture until 3 quarters full.
- Leave to cool, then place, uncovered, in the freezer. After 30 minutes, remove and stir well, then return to the freezer.
- Leave for another 30 minutes, repeat the procedure. Continue like this until the ice-cream is frozen.
- Cover and leave in the freezer until required.