Chicken stock - 5 cups
Salt - 1 tsp
flour - 1 -1 1/2 tbsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Cream - 1 cup
Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Heat the stock and if there are any scraps of chicken meat from making it,cut them up and throw them in.
- Make a roux of the oil and flour by heating the oil on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the heat, stir the flour into the oil and work it in well to blend. It should have the consistency of a rather a dry paste.
- Cook, stirring all the time, for a couple of minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste, taking care that it does not turn brown.
- Take the pan off the heat and let it cool till it stops sizzling.Then add the hot stock all at once.
- Immediately start stirring the soup. It will began to thicken.
- Stir till well mixed, return the pan to the heat and bring slowly to the boil stirring all the time.
- Add salt and pepper,and simmer for a few minutes, stirring often to ensure it doesn't stick.
- Stir in the cream and pour into individual bowls.