Gongura leaves - 2 cups
Green chillies - 7-8 or more as per taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Tamarind - one strip
Salt to taste
Garlic cloves - 4
Turmeric - a pinch
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp:; Dry red chilli - 1, urad & channa dal - 1 tsp; cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp; curry leaves - few
- Wash and drain the water completely from sorrel (gongura) leaves.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil, fry chopped chillies first, remove them from pan. In the same pan add sorrel leaves, cook them till they are soft and tender. Remove from fire and cool.
- Grind all the ingredients to make chutney.
- Heat oil in pan for talimpu, add all talimpu ingredients and fry till mustard crackles. Pour this on Chutney.
- Serve with steamed rice and fresh butter or ghee.