Egg whites - 3
Vanilla essence -1 tsp
Cream of tartar - 1/4 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 1 cup
Strawberry Ice cream
Straw berry slices
- Keep egg whites at room temperature. add vanilla, cream of tartar and salt. Beat till frothy.
- Gradually add sugar, a small amount at a time,beating till very stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Cover cooky sheet with plain ungreased paper. Makes 5 large meringue shells, using about 1/2 cup measure for each. shape with spoon to make shells.
- Bake in very slow oven (275) for one hour.
- for crisper meringues, turn off heat and let it dry in oven (door closed) about one hour.
- Fill cooled meringue shells with ice cream top up with sliced strawberries.