Brinjals – 250 gms
Mustard seeds – 25 gms (ground to paste)
Kalonji seeds – ¼ tsp
Green chillies – 2-3
Turmeric -1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Wash brinjals and cut into quarters.
- To make the mustard paste, soak mustard seeds in water for 10 minutes and grind to a coarse paste.
- Heat mustard oil to smoking point. Add kalonji seeds and green chillies.
- Add brinjals, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Cook on low heat till the brinjals are done.
- Add mustard paste and sugar, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a little more mustard oil and stir. Check the seasoning.
- Serve hot.