Minced pork – 300 gms
Chicken stock – 1 liter
Fine rice noodles – 100 gms
Dried Chinese mushrooms – 6 (sliced)
Garlic cloves- 5 (crushed)
Onions – 3
Fish sauce – 1 tsp
Light soy sauce – ½ tsp
Ground white pepper – ½ tsp
Sugar – ½ tsp
Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water for at least 5 minutes, and in another bowl, do the same with the mushrooms.
- Now mix in the pork mince, soy sauce and white pepper thoroughly together in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture and shape into balls. Set aside.
- Next, bring the chicken stock to the boil with the garlic cloves.
- When the liquid starts to boil, add the meatballs, noodles, fish sauce, mushrooms and sugar.
- Cook over a medium heat until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and coriander and add to the soup.
- Remove from the heat immediately.
- The soup may be served with rice.