Haricot beans – 150 gms (soaked overnight) or
Butter beans – 1 can (400 gms)
Onion shreds – few
Tomato shreds – few
Salt and ground black pepper
Tunny fish in oil -1 can (200 gms)
- This is a Tuscan dish made with delicious locally grown fresh beans, but a very pleasant dish can be made using canned or cooked dried beans.
- The oil should be a really ‘fruity” one and if liked a few shred of raw onion or tomato may be added.
- Simmer the bean which have been soaked overnight in water to cover until tender, about 3 hours, or heat the canned beans.
- Drain and while still hot liberally dress the beans with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve cold in individual bowls with a large portion of tunny fish on top.
- This is very substantial antipasto.