Flour – 1 kg
Salt – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 2 tsp
Beaten egg – 1 or 2 tbsp milk
Warm water - 2/3 cup
Extra flour for sprinkling
- Sieve flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix together egg or milk and water, add to the flour and knead well to make a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough with cloth and allow it to rest for 30 minutes, knead again to make a soft dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on a dough board and roll out dough until very thin, if the dough tends to be soft and sticks to fingers, sprinkle some flour. Roll until 1/10” thick.
- Fold and cut from edge, separate into individual strips.
- Put noodles in hot water. Boil until desired consistency.
Note: 1. for cold noodle dishes, soak in cold water before using. Drain before use.
2. For use in soups, add noodles directly to soup which has been poured out before hand into individual bowls.