Tuvar/ moong dal – ½ cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Green chillies – 2
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp or as per taste
Ghee – 2 tsp
Asafoetida – pinch
Dry red chillies – 2
Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
Mustard & cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves – few
- Cook the dal with excess water. When the dal is cooked, strain the water and keep aside. Don’t take the dal. Use the dal for dal curries.
- Heat the ghee in kadai; add all talimpu ingredients and allow them to splutter.
- Then add dal water, green chillies, salt, and turmeric and bring to boil.
- When it starts boiling, remove from flame.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.