Flour – 3 cups
Water – 1 ½ cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Sift flour and salt in a bowl. Add water slowly and knead until smooth.
- Cover dough with damp cloth for 20 minutes. Knead again.
- Sprinkle corn flour on a board and roll the dough until very thin.
- Fold this into 4 or 5 layers and cut across the layers as thin as possible.
- Dry the thin strips in the sun. When dried put in a jar. Use when needed.
Homemade egg noodles: egg noodles can be made in the same way but instead of water, use 4 eggs well beaten.
Rice flour noodles:
Follow the same recipe as eggless noodles but use half quantity with equal amount of rice flour ex: one cup plain flour with one cup rice flour.
Wheat flour noodles: Use wheat flour instead of plain flour and follow the recipe as eggless noodles.