Macaroni – 200 gms
Spinach puree – 4-5 tbsp
Mushrooms – 4-5
Cheese – 1 cup (grated)
Butter to grease the dish
Maida – 2 tbsp
Milk – 50 ml
Eggs – 2
A pinch of nutmeg powder
Garlic pods -5-6
Oil – 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- For pasta: Boil the macaroni in salted water. Drain and keep aside. Cut the mushrooms into circles.
- For sauce: mix the Maida and milk carefully so that no lumps form. Beat the eggs and mix into the milk together with the nutmeg powder.
- Mix in the spinach and the cooked macaroni.
- Grease an ovenproof dish and pour the macaroni mixture into this and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake in an oven till the cheese is golden brown and the pasta has baked into a cake.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the peeled garlic pods and the red chilli powder and allow to smoke for a few seconds.
Sprinkle this on the baked pasta squares.
Serve hot or cold.