Butter/Margarine - 45 gm
Long Grain Rice - 350 gms
Small onion(peeled & chopped) -1
Chicken Stock or Vegetable stock-1 liter
Ground Cardamom - 1/4 tsp
Ground Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp
Ground Ginger - 1/4 tsp
Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
Orange rind (grated) - 1/2 tsp
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in thick bottomed vessel, add sliced onions and fry them till they are soft.
- Add the chicken stock, ground spices, orange rind, salt and pepper, and bring it to boil.
- Add the rice, stir once and close the lid.
- Cook till the rice done and the water completely absorbed. The rice must be separate and soft.
- Garnish with roasted, sliced almonds.